Court Stories - Babington House, Somerset
What's a weekend away without a knock-about? Team EXEAT is travelling the length and breadth of the UK to bring you #CourtStories - our ultimate directory of the best British hotels and country houses, boasting utterly glorious tennis courts and decadently spoiling stays.
Long before Soho Farmhouse, there was Member's Club Hotel Babington House (conveniently local to EXEAT HQ) and it remains one of our favourite county retreats. It boasts 49 exquisite bedrooms housed within a dreamy Georgian Manor and surrounding cottages, nestled in the rolling hills of Somerset.
WHY IT'S SPECIAL...
Part of the exclusive Soho House Group (so you have to be a member, or friends with one to stay), the warm welcome, exquisite service and ultra-chic interior hits you the moment you breeze through it's 200 year old doors. It's as joyfully tranquil as it is aesthetically pleasing.
FIVE THIINGS TO DO...
- Their gorgeous tennis court nestled right next to the outdoor/indoor pool is of course several hours well-spent. Just make sure you book it with reception in advance.
- Burn off the excess of the night before (their provenance dining and expertly mixed cocktails are second to none) in the very bouji gym and pool set up, housed in fancy barn conversions
- Being Soho House Group, they have one of the best spas in the country on-site courtesy of Cowshed. Brimming with all manner incredible, botanical infused treatments, the mud + steam room is a particular favourite of ours. Bonus points for mani pedis performed with panoramic views onto Babington House's famous kitchen garden where much of the dining room produce is grown
- Grab one of their on-site bikes and cycle down the long, winding drive or a pair of Babington Wellies and wander the acres of surrounding countryside. They'll give you a map of walks at reception
- Pay a visit to the nearby city of Bath - home of the famous Roman Baths, the idyllic Royal Crescent and some rather excellent shopping
KIDS AND FURRY CREATURES?
Yes, children and doggies are welcome... although it's still the perfect escape for a girls weekend or couples retreat.
L'ADDITION S'IL VOUS PLAIT...
Rooms start from £350 per night and spa treatments from £65. Bike hire and wellies to borrow are free of charge.
- Tags: COURT STORIES
← Older Post Newer Post →